
Spent yesterday making things. Paintings, drawings, pages of my little book. I had such a lovely day, which is a surprise as it started out quite horribly, with a headache and sad thoughts. It really is wonderful what putting on some pretty music and picking up a paintbrush can do for your spirits.
All morning, I've been thinking about this idea of doing a sketchbook project that the readers of this blog could join in with. I've come across these sort of ideas before and been to late or not known how to join in. It only just occurred to me that perhaps I could start one myself. I thought it would be fun to make a little book with a few decorated pages in it, then send it to someone else who'll add their own pages and pass it on again. It wouldn't matter if you can draw or not, you could stick in photographs, write a little story and decorate it with glitter - whatever you like! I'm not sure about what would happen to the book once everyone has finished adding to it, but perhaps we could make a zine or something out of it so everyone can have a copy (and extra to give to their friends). Would anyone like to join in? I really hope there are a few people who are interested, because I think it would be so much fun to do. Please comment and let me know what you think.
Edit: After the responses to my last post, I decided that I most likely am going to go ahead with this little book project. At the moment I don't have very much time to think about how it will work, but as soon as I do, I'll make another post about it. In the meantime, feel free to comment if your interested in joining in, or if you have any suggestions regarding the project.
p.s. as i was typing this, it finally started to snow again :) i'm so happy!
I would love to join!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness this sounds like such a lovely idea! I would love to take part.
ReplyDeletexx Carina
It is true, making beautiful things along with music can do lovely things for the soul. Your project sounds like a dream, I would adore it if I could join in but I'm afraid that I may live too far away. But I do wish you luck with it, I know it will turn out beautifully!
ReplyDeletexx and hugs
Jhordyn
i think this is a wonderful idea
ReplyDelete(i've started drawing for the first time in ages) xox
It sounds like a wondrous, wondrous project, dear. If you ever did decide to do it, I would definitely want to participate :) ♥
ReplyDeleteThe pages you have done here are...beautiful. No other word. I feel so redundant in how I constantly use this word! Beautifulbeautifulbeautiful♥
Xx
oh my goodness elaine ; A ; CAN I JOIN IN ON YOUR WONDERFUL PROJECT?????
ReplyDeleteps:
i'm glad that you were able to cheer yourself up with drawing and writing <3 that book you have there is so magical
Oh my word, Elaine. This is an utterly beautiful idea. I would absolutely love to join in, if you go ahead with it. And might I add, your photograph is breathtaking. You really do have magic in your fingertips, to create something so amazing and dreamy. x
ReplyDeleteI've probably said this quite a lot, but reading your wonderful comments put the hugest smile on my face. Thank you so much.
ReplyDeleteI think that with the number of people who are interested, I actually will go ahead with this idea. I'll make another post soon with a few more of my thoughts on the subject. Thank you all for responding <3 <3 <3
Sounds like a glorious idea! If you do decide to go ahead with it, I would love, with all my heart, to take part.
ReplyDeleteYou are so, so wonderful ♥
that's a really good idea! hope you don't mind the random comment - i am a new follower. lovely blog.
ReplyDeletei love this idea! and i, too, am a new follower xo
ReplyDeleteThis idea sounds like magic. I would dearly love to take part. (And the pages of your own book looks wonderful.)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderfully breathtaking idea. I too would simply love to be included in it...
ReplyDeleteYour drawings and paintings are full of magic.
xxx