Thursday, 3 June 2010


I seem to have forgotten how to write about things the way I used to. I went though a phase a little while back of spending all day writing in notebooks and stopping to tell you little details that made me smile (or the opposite). But then I found myself terribly busy and really there was nothing worth saying during that time spent preparing for interviews. These last few weeks have been different though... I meant to tell you how perfect those days spent sitting out in the garden with a book and the sun beating down on me were - but I was too distracted! I was travelling to different worlds with Will and Lyra and it was wonderful. I don't even know if you care or if you're happy enough just seeing a new drawing every now and again, but I like to tell you these things anyway. I'll try to remember to write down these thoughts more often.

11 comments:

  1. another gorgeous drawing! oh i wish i could have the patience to scribble down things in little notebooks, but i tend to just daydream about how my life has been for the past few days in my blog posts. it turns into a sort of short film for me. <3
    oh you are reading the His Dark Materials trilogy too? i am reading The Subtle Knife at the moment, it is such a wonderful book isn't it ♥xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those books so much! The ending broke my heart. I haven't watched the film though because I'm scared it will ruin it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely happy enough seeing your lovely drawings, they are so beautiful and inspiring and I also love hearing thoughts too, no matter what you write about, your posts always seem so magical <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo in love with your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a really lovely drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love those three. :)
    Your blog is a very adorable plase. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i know the feeling of not being able to pin down words just too well. your paintings are always such a pleasure to admire, dear. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEEE i ADORE this one!!!! candles, roses, girls in peterpan collars and ruffles <3 this one says it all <3it's so cultish and spooky! the way the 2 girls on the left stares right at you is uncanny.... and oh! how the one on the right looks quite haunted! like she hasn't slept for days!

    ps: i love reading you're updates, whether it is about spending lovely summer days reading or or pictures of your cute lacey dresses, or of strawberry cake! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, this is wonderful.
    It reminds me of an eerie sort of virgin suicides-esque drawing, I don't know.
    I love it, and I love reading everything you write.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing artist you are!

    I'm your newest follower.

    xx

    ReplyDelete