Friday, 14 May 2010



These are the books that I've been reading lately. I finished Beauty yesterday. I was snuggled up in bed all day reading it and enjoying it very much, then in the evening I watched Kiki's Delivery Service and I loved that too (I wish I could be a witch!). Since getting a place at uni I seem to have decided that I've earned the right to be as lazy as I want and I haven't done much besides read since.
Oh, but I've done a bit of knitting! I made a bunny shaped cover for my iPod, just for the fun of it, because I thought it would be cute (and I think it is, even if I've made a bit of a mess of it). And there's the cake my sister and I made tonight; a prettily covered up disaster! It turned out really hard and flat, but it tastes alright... the strawberries and cream are nice, if nothing else.

6 comments:

  1. sounds lovely, i love lazy days. i just watched kiki last night! great film
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so wanted to be Kiki when I was small! The iPod cover is lovely, your iPod must feel safe and warm in it. Must teach myself to knit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest elaine,
    what an adorable little lapin cover! you are a wonderful knitter. and you must be a great baker as well because your cake looks delicious.
    i have always loved kiki and her great adventure. miyazaki always tells the greatest stories.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling iPod cover! It's perfectly adorable. I haven't yet watched Kiki's Delivery Service, but i have been meaning to for some time.
    Ps. Congratulations on getting a place at university
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Art Cupboard: yes, lazy days are the best aren't they?

    Vera: Oh, yes, you should learn! It's really quite easy once you get the hang of it. I'm sure you'd make lovely things.

    elly: I think you might be being a bit too kind, but I don't mind hehe. Thank you very much.

    minna: Thank you ♥ you should watch it when you get the chance, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. baaaw elaine your so adorable! that strawberry cake looks quite delicious, it must have been fun baking it with your sister!
    and yes i agree that you deserve the right to be lazy and enjoying yourself in the world of printed words on paper after the stress of applying for uni :- )
    the bunny knit is SO CUTE! how long did that take you? is it difficult to knit? it looks like fun, i've always wanted to try it
    ah! and i see you are reading Dorian Gray!!!!! MY FAVORITE! haha how do you like it so far?

    PS: I'M SO SORRY that i haven't yet replied to your mail... time seems to fly so fast lately.... i totally fail, but i'm planning to make it up by sending you a big big letter!!!!!! i hope you won't mind!!

    ReplyDelete