Such a familiar feeling. I feel like I always look back at who I used to be and then I realize who I used to be was who I was not long ago and who I thought I still was, if that makes sense. By the way, I absolutely love the drawing.
It's terrifying when we suddenly look back and realize just how different we are, and just how long it's been since we were the way we thought we were. These past two years have been an utter whirlwind and I've finally realized that I have emerged as something, someone entirely different. It's scary, but for the most part it's a good thing. Try to embrace it dearest, I'm sure you are nothing but extraordinary.
Hmm. I wish it for myself. I remember a hundred different utopias from my past. But if we went back now, it wouldn't be the same. We'd be looking at things with our older, different eyes. Better to leave those days to the golden halls of nostalgia. Your artwork is beautiful, as it always is.
Dear Elaine, thank you for expressing interest in the magazine. I will tell you more about it (including how to submit) when I have finished the website, probably in a few weeks.
Oh yes. This. I know the feeling. x
ReplyDeleteSuch a familiar feeling. I feel like I always look back at who I used to be and then I realize who I used to be was who I was not long ago and who I thought I still was, if that makes sense. By the way, I absolutely love the drawing.
ReplyDeleteI think you are, really. She's still there somewhere, maybe hiding. This drawing is just the perfect embodiment of how I feel now. x
ReplyDeleteIt's terrifying when we suddenly look back and realize just how different we are, and just how long it's been since we were the way we thought we were. These past two years have been an utter whirlwind and I've finally realized that I have emerged as something, someone entirely different. It's scary, but for the most part it's a good thing. Try to embrace it dearest, I'm sure you are nothing but extraordinary.
ReplyDeletexx
Oh I know what you mean. It's so hard to describe really.
ReplyDeleteWonderful painting, no matter what I will always love your artworks
xx Carina
Hmm. I wish it for myself. I remember a hundred different utopias from my past. But if we went back now, it wouldn't be the same. We'd be looking at things with our older, different eyes. Better to leave those days to the golden halls of nostalgia. Your artwork is beautiful, as it always is.
ReplyDeleteAmaaazing artwork. I love the roses <3
ReplyDeletex
Lost in the Haze
Dear Elaine, thank you for expressing interest in the magazine. I will tell you more about it (including how to submit) when I have finished the website, probably in a few weeks.
ReplyDeletethis is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteyour work is enchanting, dear.
happy new year!
x
Jess.