Friday, 24 September 2010

Today is my last day at home before I leave for university. Packing is making me panic a little. Ignoring isn't so easy once you start piling your favourite possessions into boxes.
Mostly, I'm scared that all of the time I've spent this year, learning who I am without the influence of others, will have gone to waste. That once I'm back with people of a similar age to me I'll start pretending again.
And I'm scared of not having anywhere to hide if that happens.
Any small amount of hope that I have is too insubstantial to hold on to. Just thinking about it all is making me feel sick.

11 comments:

  1. I wish you luck <3
    P.S The light in this picture is so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hope you will have a lovely times.
    What will you be studying?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's natural to wish for acceptance and it takes quite a lot of time and strength not to forget yourself in the process. Good luck to you and the best of all possible starts at university!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearheart, I feel that way every year. It's a great, wonderful, and terrible journey, traveling to an unknown place with even more unknown people.

    Don't forget to pack your heart carefully! I wish you the best of luck in university, and I do hope you keep writing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. darling, i hope all goes well - which i'm sure it will.
    and try not to worry too much (i know all too well that it is the hardest thing)
    good luck <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've just written down my thoughts exactly, good luck :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretending is necessary, sometimes. I'm starting my third year of university. I remember the fears you are feeling. I can't pretend that everything will be easy. I didn't find it easy. But you will settle into a pattern and the feelings will calm down, you will make some friends, and eventually the fears will retreat to a quiet corner while you start to enjoy your new way of life. In a couple of months' time, everything will seem okay again, I swear it. Be brave. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry - I used to pretend all the time and I've only just stopped...

    Just hold on to who you are as hard as you can and you'll have a wonderful time.

    Sparkly wishes and all the luck they bring! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine, you will have a perfectly wonderful time at university! I'm sure of it. Just remember to be Brave!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone. Your messages are quite a comfort to read.
    Hannah - I'm studying fine art. I'm really nervous about it!

    ReplyDelete