Friday, 23 April 2010

Hello there, I've been away for a little while because I've been busy preparing for university interviews. It has been quite an awful process for me, given my terrible shyness. I've already been rejected from one university. I always knew I was never going to be any good at interviews, but I had hoped my work would be enough to speak for me. It's a disappointment to find it wasn't in this case. My other interview went better, I think, but now I keep thinking of all the silly things I shouldn't have said and the things that I should have said more clearly.
I have another interview coming up in a few weeks so if anyone has any advice for me I'd be happy to hear it.
I have a few new drawings that I'll be posting soon. Hopefully I'll have happier things to write about with them.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the interview; I am sending all my best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh elaine! I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR INTERVIEWS!! gaah i hate interviews myself... it's so nerve-racking to think up of impressive things to say on the spot...
    i was wondering, what kind of study are you going into???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you both :)
    Sunny, I want to do fine art. I thought about doing illustration, but fine art seemed like more fun to me :)
    Now, if I could only pass the scary interviews! Aahh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you'll be OK! I don't think we have university interviews in my country (England), but as another shy person, my heart really goes out to you (I've had a lot of awkward job interviews at least).

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I live in England too, hehe. I think it depends on the subject you apply for. You usally have to do interviews for art subjects. I suppose you can't tell how good an artist someone is from looking at a grade. Anyway, thank you for your kind comment. It really means a lot.

    ReplyDelete