I'm okay. I'm really okay. I wasn't sure I would be, but the sun has been shining and my room is really bright; it looks a soft, warm pink in this light. I've been reading my pretty new copy of I Capture the Castle since I got back from a trip to the Lake District with my family earlier. The place where we went for a walk yesterday was so beautiful. I felt like I had stepped into a storybook, or perhaps slipped back into my childhood when it seemed that all magic was really quite possible. I don't understand the feeling, but I love it. I'm really enjoying spending lots of time alone in my bedroom, painting and making things. It's also been really lovely having my brother around; he always makes me laugh so much. Yesterday we all went to a restaurant and I didn't feel scared at all. I spent most of yesterday not being scared. I think perhaps it wasn't quite the absence of fear, but instead being brave. And if I've learnt how to be brave then all I have to do is remember. I'm going to figure out a way of remembering - I'll refill my pockets with seashells perhaps. All of this is beautiful. I'm happy. I'm myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment