Sunday, 29 January 2012

I can feel a desire for solitude returning, which is both a worry and a relief. I want badly to go back to painting daydreams and reading books in sheet forts and ignoring the world, but I don't wish to abandon anyone this time around. I'm horrible at balancing things, but I must try.

10 comments:

  1. I love this drawing so much, its detail and subject. I hope for you that you do learn to balance things a little more :)

    xx Crina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Elaine! The grass is mesmerising; you are such an immensely talented artist. Good luck with the balancing act. (I think we are all tightrope walkers, in our own small ways.) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are endlessly talented sweetling. I know all too well the pull of solitude and the ache that comes with hurting someone by just pushing them away. B is right, it's a tightrope act which promises broken bones.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely know what you mean. Lovely art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet, you're so talented sweetie
    www.theorangewalls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should never give up on trying to balance things.
    Lovely drawing. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely drawings. Your blog is the epitome of perfection xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may not know this, but sometimes when I'm sad, I just go into your blog and look at your illustrations. This one's really beautiful.

    And I hope you are finding your solitude right now. Take care, dove.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so sweet, I love your drawing style is sweet, tragic and lovely. I love this kind of illustrations.


    juliaamador.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete