Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Lately I've been enjoying the feeling of stepping into the darkroom (like I'm being transported into another world where I can create magic with light and paper). I spent yesterday eating croissants with jam and using soft pastels with water and white paint to create mist shrouded figures in my new sketchbook. I plan to spend today the same way (but with life class in the afternoon) so I hope it turns out to be just as lovely.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like the purest beauty and magic. I hope you are very well, dear Elaine. Love, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I am trying to enjoy that feeling too. your photos are magical. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely. I wish I could just slow everything down every once in a while. Everything seems to be happening to fast and that's when you start losing appreciation for the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luxurious living can be so easy to achieve sometimes. I hope you will enjoy many more days like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful enjoyment. I'm so glad you're feeling such peace these days.

    Darkrooms are simply incredible; there's something so magical about conjuring up an image out of white, simply by bathing it in the right chemicals. It's like becoming a god, creating and creating and creating.

    Grace and peace,
    Kinnery

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a lovely day! croissants with jam! delicious!

    ReplyDelete